PETA2.com

Reminders:

Pledges
Petitions
Videos
Events & Volunteers

Donations can be made to a numerous number of different charities which can always use the money. If you would like to donate, then please donate to a cause that interests you. Be sure to check out websites before donating!

Sep 10, 2008

VMAS & Circus Animals

Kind of late, but I'm sure many of you watched the Video Music Awards 08. And I'm sure that many of you watched the pre-show. So, I'm SURE you noted how bad it was for all those stars to show up in all those stretch limos, and how bad all those gas emissions must be. I was very proud of Paramore for showing up in a smart car. Another reason why we love them. And I'm also, ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE, that you noticed someone (sorry, I forget who it was and just remembered that I wanted to blog about it) arrived on an ELEPHANT with the circus.

Now, I don't know about you, but I was seriously pissed off that something like that kind of award show, something THAT huge, an award show that is watched by THOUSANDS, if not MILLIONS, of people would allow and advertise the circus! I was seriously outraged. I did not forget lightly (I've just been too busy to blog) and the next day at school when everybody was talking about the VMAs, it was a great chance to spread the word about the horrors and cruelty of the circus. So, at least I got some listeners.

Now, you can click the link mentioned, and sign a petition to get rid of the usage of animals in circuses.

I realized something as I was writing this, a lot of stuff I assume you know about - like the horrors of the circus, the fur industry, etc. But you may not. I'm really sorry, but its just SO horrific that its hard for me to say the words over blog. However, for animal rights, you can go to www.peta.org or www.peta2.org for more details and for eco stuff, I recommend www.wecansolveit.org, www.obviously.ca, or www.wwf.com for more details.

Please, save the circus animals. Thanks. :)

The world is in danger, we need to be its superheroes.
Love,
TreeHugger