PETA2.com

Reminders:

Pledges
Petitions
Videos
Events & Volunteers

Donations can be made to a numerous number of different charities which can always use the money. If you would like to donate, then please donate to a cause that interests you. Be sure to check out websites before donating!

Sep 27, 2008

PETA

There's this new video from PETA called Whose Skin Are You In?

Now, I warn you, it's very graphic but it's the horrible and disgusting truth.
I can't even look at leather without wanting to barf. Before, I just had a hate for it. Now, it literally makes me SICK. There's some really horrible images in it, but people need to see what they do to animals in order to wear leather or fur. I used to tell myself that leather wasn't as bad because they use the animal for meat and for glue.. But I watched this video and now I completely changed my mind. Leather is just as bad as everything else! I can't believe that I own a leather jacket (THAT MY MOTHER BOUGHT ME FOR CHRISTMAS, THAT I NEVER WORE!!!). I'm totally giving it away at my earliest convinience. It haunts me in my closest.

There's also some facts about the downsides of the fur fashion. OTHER THAN THE ANIMAL PAIN OF COURSE!!! Like, the 800 thousand tonnes of waste that tanning leather alone creates every year! Or the fact that animals will chew off their own legs to get back to their babies.

It also goes on to mention that leather processing makes river water poisonous, killing children who bathe and drink from it all over the world! I bet you didn't know that processed leather lasts longer than you do, due to the harmful chemicals?

Just a few fun facts for you.
So please, don't wear leather, or fur, or any exotic skin!
Or any skin other than your own!!!


OH! AND WATCH THE VIDEO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTZQnQeAPJc

The world is in danger, we need to be its superheroes.
Love,
TreeHugger